The monastery has an established program of religious activities throughout the year. There are special rituals on all the holy days of the Buddha, the Sakyapa Teachers, and also on occasions when the local people request specific prayers and rituals for their benefit. On such days most of the usual routine is suspended as all of the monks take part in the prayer ceremonies.
The usual daily routine of the monks is:
1. 5.45 Wake-up Bell
2. 6.00 to 7.00 Morning Prayer (Tara Puja in the Prayer Hall with breakfast)
3. 7.30 to 9.00 Recitation and memorizing of the prayer/ritual texts
4. 9.00 to 10.00 Tibetan Language Class
5. 10.00 to 11.00 English Language Class
6. 11.30 to 13.00 Lunch Break
7. 13.00 to 14.00 Tibetan Language Class
8. 14.00 to 15.00 Revision of the day's lesson
9. 15.00 Tea Break
10. 15.00 to 17.00 Revision of recitation and memorization of the prayer/ritual texts
12. 19.00 to 21.00 Evening Prayer and Recitations
13. 21.00 to 21.30 Self study
14. 21.30 Bed and light off
On certain occassions the monks attend special events at other Dharma centres to receive teachings from HH Sakya Trizin and other great teachers.
If you would like to make a personal connection to Tsechen Damchos Ling's ancient spiritual tradition, please see our Projects page for details of ways in which you can support our work.